Survival requires humor. Humor Requires vodka.

Friday, January 7, 2011

I am to young to be so scared.

For those of you keeping tabs on my health, kudos. I can't hardily keep up with it anymore.

The pain is constant. It hasn't let up ever since it started about the 10th of December. If you don't know what's going on and to make sure I can keep tabs, I'm going to blog it.


December 20th:

I went to the Emergency room for the first time with severe pain in my stomach. They put a IV in gave me Zophran and Morphine. They did a catscan and an intro-vaginal ultrasound. Talk about pain. I was in there for many many hours just trying to get my pain under control. After 10 days of suffering the answers I got were, "You have a ruptured cyst. A cyst on both ovaries, but the one on the right ruptured and is leaking into your body. That's why you're having this much pain. It will go away in a few days, but it may be endometriosis. If it gets worse MAKE SURE TO COME BACK."


December 22nd:

I went to my doctor of many years. He told me, "A ruptured cyst shouldn't be causing me this much pain. I think it may be endometriosis as well, but I'm not a gyno. So please... I want you to go to the Gynecologist, ASAP. If it gets worse go to the ER."

December 26th:

I went to the ER for the second time. I couldn't take the pain. I had a gut feeling that there was something that they were missing and they could fix. I needed comfort. They put another IV in and gave me nothing. I got the same Doctor I had the first time. He said, "I can't do anything for you. Endometriosis needs a Gyno. You need a Gyno and we don't have one on call that takes your insurance. So I can't do anything for you. Why did they put an IV in you? Um, well, you're talking to me a little weird... So I am going to take your blood count. I think you are taking more of your pain medicine then is prescribed." All I could do was cringe in pain and ask him if maybe by chance being in the worse pain I've
ever been in my entire life would make me look and talk different. I said, "You do your blood test since you put this useless IV in me, but don't face me when I prove that you're wrong." I haven't seen him since. My blood tests were clean, OBVIOUSLY. I'm clean. I have been clean for YEARS now. So once again... No Answers.


December 29th:

I saw my first gynecologist since all this begun. I'm limited with my insurance on my choices, so I was lucky cursed to get in with this horrible man. He was so rude. He told me, "You need to not try for anymore kids. You need to stay on birth control starting right now. Your condition will only get worse if you don't. Come back in 2 MONTHS and we will do another intro-vaginal ultrasound. Also, you are too young for a mammogram. Unless your mother or sister's had breast cancer at the age of 21, I'm not ordering one for you. Aunts and Grandmothers do not count."





I wasn't pleased with these results and with many of my girls, You know who you are and I am eternally grateful, told me not to settle. Get a second opinion.


January 7th:

I went to my new Dr. Lovely. He was amazing. He listened to me. He took in my concerns. He cared. Although he didn't take me to dinner before the exam, it was okay. I forgive him. He told me, "You do NOT have to take birth control. It's useless, because you do NOT have endometriosis. You want more kids, have them. I believe your pain is from your gall bladder. Anyone who did a proper exam on you can tell that. It's a decent surgery with a decent recovery time. You have a cyst on your left breast, just like you pointed out. I'm glad you found it. It could be benign, but lets just make sure it isn't breast cancer. Don't worry. You're in good hands. I'm going to do a lab on you, then on Monday you will have a Mammogram and sonogram done of your breast. Then right after a sonogram of your gall bladder. Let's figure this out quick for you and get you better."

After my LAB. Ouch. 1-7-11
 I am in good hands. I am still so scared though. Granted, the organ isn't needed..... but it's still taken out of my body. Not only that I am scared even worse about the lump on my tata. I asked Charlie to feel it months ago, but he declined and didn't take me seriously. Please men, take your woman seriously. When it comes to these kinds of things it's SERIOUS. You get to feel boobs, is it really that hard? Dang. Feel a boob save a life. Remember that.




Good news is, I'm still a mom and I am still feisty and ready for the playoffs tomorrow. WHO DAT! Thanks everyone for your prayers near and far. I genuinely appreciate it.

My Fleur De Lis Necklace is hiding in my hair! Who Dat!


Yes, on my okay days I am still able to squeeze in quick play dates with friends and my parents. Thank God for my okay days, cause my son needs to play!
William and "His Girl"

4 friends and a swing :)

   
He loves his friends

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad it's not a fertility issue and that you finally found a good doctor. If the breast cancer was on your mom's side (which I assume it is), then you have every reason to be concerned. My OB said it's thru the maternal line. I'm supposed to go for a baseline mammogram soon because my maternal aunt had breast cancer as well. Other cancers in the family aren't as much a risk, but if actual breast cancer was there, then there is a risk.

    Love you! Hope this (gall bladder surgery?) heals quickly, and that the lump isn't cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still having issues with fertility, I just don't know why- Yet. Yeah it's on mom's side. Big Mama had Breast Cancer and I think one of her sisters had it, too. I thought it was going to hurt, it didn't. At all. The lady said they have new technology now and they don't have to press hard. So the good thing is.. they don't hurt!

    I get a hydrascan tomorrow and then I go to the doctor and find out a surgery day. Bye Bye Gallbladder!

    ReplyDelete