Survival requires humor. Humor Requires vodka.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Million Bucks & A Death... What Would You Do?

So I finally watched "The Box" with Cameron Diaz the other night. It was an okay movie. It had a good story line and it made you wonder, but it could have been so much better.

Like I do with most movies I like to debate before I watch them. Here is what went down...

My Point of View:
If someone put a box in front of me and told me everything that was told to her which was, "You get a million dollars, but someone that YOU DO NOT KNOW will die." I still could not do it. Why? Cause that is not the person I am. I'm not just saying that. I mean think about it. It could be someone's mother, father, child, etc... No thank you, nobody's life is worth any amount of money. I'd tell them to shove it and let that be that. I would consult Charlie about it, but I would make sure he saw it my way- the humane way.

Charlie's Point of View:
(keep in mind we are total opposites
If someone put the box in front of him he said that he would not even let the guy finish telling him everything, he would just hit the button. No consulting me, no fear for the other human's life. Nothing. He just wanted the money.

I'm sure glad this is a fictional story.


Spoilers:

If you haven't watched the movie and plan to... I wouldn't read on until you do. I'm not going to give away EVERYTHING, but you know... ;)

I could never imagine my child being blind and deaf. I cried during that part of the movie, because that was actually my worst fear during my pregnancy. I think he was actually annoyed, because I kept repeating over and over during the movie... "You better shoot me in the heart if that ever means William has a normal life in any kind of situation like that." When she didn't want to see her son like that, I totally related. I wouldn't either. Then again I would want to say goodbye.
How could you? He is blind and deaf? Because of your selfish ways.



Moral of the story: Money is great, but Human life is greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment